Go on a group quest to bring down huge problems that pervade thousands of lives in career and education advancement!
#Codeathon2018 is an online learning-intensive hackathon experience where beginners and experienced coders, designers, and business people alike come together to develop app prototypes. The goal of #Codeathon2018 is to encourage innovation in education and careers.
We ask the brightest minds in the world to think about today’s learning and earning challenges, and show us how technology can solve them.
Our Past Hackathons
Why join #Codeathon2018?
As a #codeathon2018 participant, you will have the chance to gain these benefits:
- Learning support & guidance during the entire duration of #Codeathon2018
- Engage an online tech community across borders to help each other
- Level up your tech skills in web development, A.I., Blockchain and more
- E-certificate upon accomplishment
- Opportunity to win cash prototyping grants
- Join an exclusive paid-for apprenticeship in CodeNomads
- Solve real world problems and log this experience in your portfolio
10 September: Registration opens.
7 October: Resource kit will be ready for download.
21 October: Final submission.
31 October: Winners announced.
* Learning support will be provided through AirForce from August to September. Live webinars, live office hours with mentors/trainers and supplementary material will be announced by Telegram and email. Topics include A.I., Blockchain, Rapid Prototyping and Web Development.
- You can participate if you are from any of the following countries: Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, Myanmar (Burma), Cambodia, Brunei, Laos
- Basic proficiency in English is needed as you will be pitching your ideas and prototypes
- Team size 1 - 5 members
All participants need to submit for the following 3 stages.
- Ideation stage: up to 3 slides introducing the concept
- Online mentoring stage: up to 20 slides showing clear vision of your idea’s UI/UX (mockups, etc.)
- Final submission stage: prototype, with links/files of your product. A video commentary/pitch is also encouraged. Here is a winner example for your reference: https://devpost.com/software/hequals-h
All submissions will be on Devpost. Please review Devpost’s submission instructions beforehand.
You must provide all Team Members' full names AND phone numbers with your submissions.
How to enter
Register on this Devpost page and start assembling your team!
Did the team identify a real, significant problem?
Is the submitted prototype fully functional and intuitive to use?
Is the presented solution viable? Is it addressing the right market?
Is the story/pitch compelling?
Is the team diverse, exhibiting meaningful female contribution or is the solution able to capture new/wider audiences?